A SHORTER STATEMENT OF THE CONFESSION OF FAITH IS AS FOLLOWS:
- We believe Jesus Christ was born of Mary the Virgin, and is the Son of God and God the Son.
- We believe that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, the Just for the unjust that He might bring us to God.
- We believe that He arose from the grave the third day according to the scriptures.
- We believe that He, only, is the great High Priest, and we need not the intercession of any man, but that Christ ever liveth to make intercession for us.
- We believe in the pre-millennial return of Christ.
- We believe that Christ will come again in Person, bodily visible, to establish His kingdom on the earth.
- We believe that in order to be saved, the soul must be born again “Ye must be born again.” John 3:7
- We believe that every truly born again soul should declare his faith by the act of baptism (immersion in water) setting forth the Lord’s death, burial, and resurrection.
- We believe that the church is a body of baptized believers whose primary mission is, not to “Reform the World” but to preach and teach the Gospel of Salvation to the individual soul.
Summing it all up, an Independent Bible Believing Baptist is one who believes in a supernatural Bible, which tells of a supernatural Christ, who had a supernatural birth, who spoke supernatural words, who performed supernatural miracles, who lived a supernatural life, who died a supernatural death, who rose in a supernatural power, who ascended in supernatural splendor, who intercedes as a supernatural priest and who will one day return in supernatural glory to establish a supernatural kingdom on the earth.