God’s Plan of Salvation
God Loves You
Jeremiah 31:3 “The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.”
Jeremiah 29:11 “For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.”
Everyone Has Sinned
Romans 3:10 “As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one.”
Romans 3:23 “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.”
Sin Earns A Terrible Penalty
Romans 6:23 “The wages of sin is death….”
Revelation 21:8 “But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”
Revelation 20:15 “And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.”
Jesus Christ Is God’s Way of Escape
1 Peter 3:18 “For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God.”
Romans 6:23 “…but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.”
God’s Gift Is Available Because He Loves You Just As You Are
Romans 5:8 “But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.”
God Wants To Save You From His Justice
Romans 5:9 “Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.”
Take God’s Personal Promise Today
Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
“Dear Jesus, I know that I’m a sinner. Please come into my heart and save me right now. For- give me of my sins. Give me your gift of eternal life. I now receive you as my Saviour.”
Once you have accepted Jesus as Saviour, you are now one of God’s children.
1 John 3:2 “Beloved, now are we the sons of God.”
Once you are saved, you are saved forever.
John 10:28 “And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.”
Your name is written in Heaven.
Luke 10:20 “…but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.”
The first command of God for you after you are saved is to be baptized.
Acts 2:41 “Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.”
A Shorter Statement Of THE CONFESSION OF FAITH Is As Follows:
- We believe Jesus Christ was born of Mary the Virgin, and is the Son of God and God the Son.
- We believe that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, the Just for the unjust that He might bring us to God.
- We believe that He arose from the grave the third day according to the scriptures.
- We believe that He, only, is the great High Priest, and we need not the intercession of any man, but that Christ ever liveth to make intercession for us.
- We believe in the pre-millennial return of Christ.
- We believe that Christ will come again in Person, bodily visible, to establish His kingdom on the earth.
- We believe that in order to be saved, the soul must be born again “Ye must be born again.” John 3:7
- We believe that every truly born again soul should declare his faith by the act of baptism (immersion in water) setting forth the Lord’s death, burial, and resurrection.
- We believe that the church is a body of baptized believers whose primary mission is, not to “Reform the World” but to preach and teach the Gospel of Salvation to the individual soul.
Summing it all up, an Independent Bible Believing Baptist is one who believes in a supernatural Bible, which tells of a supernatural Christ, who had a supernatural birth, who spoke supernatural words, who performed supernatural miracles, who lived a supernatural life, who died a supernatural death, who rose in a supernatural power, who ascended in supernatural splendor, who intercedes as a supernatural priest and who will one day return in supernatural glory to establish a supernatural kingdom on the earth.